Two farmers were seriously injured in firing between two groups over canal water sharing in a village in the Gurdaspur district, police said today. The two groups led by farmers Arjun Singh and Jasbir Singh respectively clashed over sharing of canal water in Ratarwan village, about 25 km from here, and later both the sides started firing at each other, police said.
In the cross-firing Arjun Singh and Jasbir Singh were critically injured. Both were first taken to Pathankot civil hospital and later referred to the Guru Nanak hospital in Amritsar as their condition turned critical, they said. The two groups had clashed over canal water earlier also, police said.
- 5 persons injured in a bloody clash over land row in Jalandhar
- Water supply arrangements made while Bhakhra under maintenance
- 12 students injured in group clash at BRM College
- Four persons injured in clash at Ram Darbar
- Haryana to set up water treatment plant on Gurgaon canal
- Nihangs clash, 5 injured
- Water crisis to haunt city again this summer
- Woman injured during clash in Hisar, passed away at PGI
- Priests clash over demolition of temple structure in Amritsar
- Water shortage in 920MW Lehra Mohabbat Thermal Plant