Close on the heels of the case of sexual abuse of inmates at a shelter home in Rohtak, three women inmates of the Nari Niketan in Karnal have gone missing under suspicious circumstances in the past 48 hours.
While an inmate was reported missing on the night of July 22, two more were found absent today morning at the time of the daily attendance by the home superintendent. Deputy commissioner Renu S. Phulia has ordered a magisterial inquiry and asked to submit the report in a month’s period. Nari Niketan is managed by the department of women and child welfare.
- Court sends two girls to Nari Niketan in Karnal
- Nari Niketan Rape: Justice done
- HC directs probe into cases of women/girls missing since 2006
- Poverty and crime linked, shows data on Tihar inmates
- Pankaj’s wife & son missing for last 2 months
- Over 1,300 reported missing in last 20 yrs: J&K govt
- Haryana DGP bans summoning women, children to police stations
- Jail warden booked for supplying drugs to inmates in Bathinda
- Snehalaya missing kids case
- Girl arrested for supplying drug to jail inmates