A group of goons engaged in a scuffle outside the Aroma Light Point manhandled a cop. This comes close on the heels of the molestation.
Some men engaged in an altercation at the Aroma Light Point attacked a policeman who was part of the PCR van which stopped over to intervene. One of the accused has been arrested while the others managed to flee. Not long ago, Chandigarh was known to be a safe city, both in the day and night. Things are changing now. Lawlessness is a common feature of the city nightlife. According to Chandigarh police, people from outside Chandigarh are notorious for creating problems in the city. Most of them come either to party in the discos or to study and live in the city.
As per popular perception, Chandigarh has been perceived as a cosmopolitan destination in the neighboring states of Punjab and Haryana. It is this very reputation which leads many to take liberties.
- Chandigarh Crime Branch in-charge Amanjot Singh accused of improper conduct
- Chandigarh: Goons set two cars and a ‘rehri’ ablaze
- Chandigarh Group of Colleges organises Parivartan Techno Fest
- Goons shoot, Rob man in Panchkula
- Chandigarh Traffic police to chase violators on bikes
- Chandigarh to hold seminar with national experts
- Chandigarh ignored in latest Rail Budget
- City heritage: Chandigarh recommendations accepted
- Traffic snarls dampen festive cheer in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh MC water supply committee to hold meeting