“Satyamev Jayate” has received a “dream response” from the audience, says Aamir Khan, who is planning a second season for the show which highlights various social issues in each of its episodes. The 13-episode season one has already crossed its halfway mark and the 47-year-old actor is happy with the impact it has created. “The change in the society has been evident.
We have received a dream response, having empowered ourselves with knowledge. So many things have happened which has made it difficult for our research team to actually find out the actual impact we have created. “We have got positive reviews and believe that India is changing and we have adapted the show understanding how people want this change,” Aamir said in an interaction with the audience at the Big FM studio here. The show has dealt with a number of hard hitting topics including female foeticide, healthcare scenario in India and domestic violence.
The actor is off to shoot for “Dhoom 3″ now while his research team is planning to assess the impact created by season one, look at other issues that need to be addressed and come back post September to plan out a possible season two. Aamir said hosting “Satyamev Jayate” has brought him closer to the people of his country and the show has been able to touch their lives while addressing various issues. “I have on a personal level come closer through this initiative to our country. People told me the show would be a failure on social issues, but now people from Kashmir to Kanyakumari are associated with this show and want to see change in our society,” he said.
- Aamir has lived up to expectations: Katrina on Satyamev Jayate
- Ganguly does not rule himself out of next season of IPL
- I am no one to solve issues, I can only highlight them: Aamir
- NGO gets flooded with child-related cases after Aamir’s show
- Aamir meets Gehlot on female foeticide issue
- Delhi records season’s hottest morning at 30.7 degrees
- Aamir Khan to address parliamentary panel on medical issues
- Aamir Khan turns 47 today
- Juhi Parmar wins Big Boss season 5
- Aamir Khan’s TV debut gets a thumbs up from Bollywood