It was in February last year that the then railway minister Mamata Banerjee proposed in the rail budget to run a passenger train between Fazilka and Abohar. Though just 42 kms apart, the two towns have had no rail link for decades.
In February 2004, the-then railway minister, Nitish Kumar, had laid the foundation stone of one and agreed to open it by 2007.
- Watch Halke Da Haal – Abohar
- Villagers in Bathinda blocked the Bathinda-Ferozepur railway line
- Two more districts in Punjab soon,Fazilka-Pathankot to get the nod
- Pathankot – Fazilka gets district status
- Server problems at Chandigarh railway station
- Security around railway stations to be stepped up in Kashmir
- Four of family killed as car overturns in Abohar
- Open Fazilka, Ferozepur borders for trade with Pak: Sukhbir
- Trivedi quits as Railway Minister
- Govt planning ‘orbit railway’ around NCR: Hooda