“Today, we want to take this integration process (of Kashmir with India) forward. We want to abolish Article 370. But if today’s government, those people sitting in power today, want to reverse this and take this integration process backwards, then probably people of India will have to launch another agitation as had taken place at that time,” BJP leader L K Advani said.
Speaking at a conference “Remembering Mukherjee: National Call to Save Kashmir” organised by Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Foundation to commemorate the birth anniversary of the RSS founder, Advani slammed the interlocuters for mentioning such Indian areas of Kashmir occupied by Pakistan as “Pakistan Administered Kashmir”.
“Today, suddenly we see in the report of the interlocuters that instead of mentioning ‘Pak-occupied Kashmir’, they mention ‘Pak-administered Kashmir’.
“What’s happening? Undermining the unanimous resolution by both Houses of Parliament and undermining the Constitution of India We are raising objections to separate Article 370 for Jammu and Kashmir, which also states that Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India. By undermining everything, our interlocuters are telling us that it is Pak-Administered Kashmir,” the BJP leader said.
Advani also reminded Jammu and Kashmir Chief minister Omar Abdullah that Jammu and Kashmir was integral to India.
- Hizb chief warns Pak against withdrawing support on Kashmir
- Advani’s rath yatra in Jammu flop show: Omar
- Hazare distances from Bhushan on Kashmir remark
- Staff integration in AI: committee of officers holds meeting
- PM hapless, UPA regime most corrupt, inefficient: Advani
- AISSF to oppose Advani’s yatra in Punjab
- Advani to visit Golden Temple
- Advani begins 38-day Jan Chetna Yatra
- SC ruling on 2002 riots great relief to BJP, says Advani
- Advani most capable person to lead country