Bollywood personalities including Rajesh Khanna’s family members attended a prayer meeting held in memory of the first superstar of Hindi cinema at a suburban five-star hotel here. Besides the actor’s kin, including his estranged wife Dimple Kapadia, two daughters Twinkle and Rinke, son-in-law Akshaye Kumar and first grandson Aarav, a string of celebrities also turned up at the function held at Taj Lands End in suburban Bandra.
Dressed in white, Bollywood’s who’s who including Amitabh Bachchan with wife Jaya, Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan with father Rakesh Roshan, Randhir Kapoor, Rajiv Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor with wife Neetu Singh, prayed for the departed soul.
The 69-year-old actor passed away at his residence on July 18. Actor Shashi Kapoor also attended the meet on a wheelchair and was seen being accompanied by Ranbir Kapoor. Also spotted were director Ashutosh Gowarikar, actors Sonakshi Sinha, Deepika Padukone, Tabu among others, while Amar Singh, Jayaprada and a few others politicians too turned up. A huge black-and-white photograph of the actor, decorated with white flowers, was seen at the entrance of the hall at the venue.
- Bollywood’s first superstar Rajesh Khanna cremated
- Rajesh Khanna recuperating, may go home in couple of days
- Rajesh Khanna admitted to Lilavati hospital
- Rajesh Khanna still in hospital but stable
- Rajesh Khanna no more
- Legendary actor Shammi Kapoor cremated; Bollywood pays tribute
- Bollywood, thousands of fans bid adieu to Dara Singh
- Rajesh Khanna admitted to hospital again
- India has lost a great son: Lord Paul on Rajesh Khanna
- Rajesh Khanna doing fine, to be in hospital for few days