The accident occurred on March 22 this year on Madhya Marg near the Sector 26 Timber Market. At a press conference on Thursday UT Police Inspector Alok Singh explained how the CCTV camera at the Transport Chowk light point had captured the event and clearly showed the registration number of the vehicle.
Photographs of the truck along with the registration number were circulated to beat parties throughout the city and nearly four months later the killer truck was discovered. The driver has been identified as Jai Pal of Village Shamdo, district Patiala. The truck has been impounded and the driver arrested.
Police said that Raju, the son of the victim, and his friend, Amit Diwan, had also helped the police to trace out the culprit.
- Diamond thieves caught on CCTV camera in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh PGI’s new CCTV system launched
- CCTV footage of ATM theft rather telling
- 37 CCTV cameras installed at vantage points in PGI
- Junk in truck bursts into flames near Chandigarh
- Accident case: Chandigarh Police identified car
- CCTV cameras being installed at Govt Hospital
- Chandigarh police busts gang
- Three hurt in accident
- 2 dead, 17 hurt in bus accident