In a jolt to the Congress in Punjab, senior leader Deepinder Singh Dhillon joined the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) along with his supporters today. Dhillon was included in SAD in the presence of SAD Patron and Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Parkash Singh Badal, SAD President and Deputy Chief Minister Sardar Sukhbir Singh Badal and President of Youth Akali Dal and Cabinet Minister Sardar Bikram Singh Majithia. Welcoming him into the party fold, Badal said that today was a red letter day for the SAD as a committed public leader like Dhillon had joined the party.
He said that with the joining of Deepinder, the SAD would get a fresh vigour and its base would be further strengthened in the state. Training his guns on the Congress, Badal said that it has always worked on the policy of “Divide and Rule” to capture power in the state whereas the SAD had remained a votary of communal harmony and peace due to which people were reposing their unflinching faith in it. Recalling the age old ties of Dhillon’s family with the Akali Dal, the Chief Minister said that his father had served as Attorney General during the government headed by Justice Gurnam Singh due to which they had cordial relations with each other.
- Deepinder Singh Dhillon addresses rally at Zirakpur
- List of ministers inducted in Punjab Cabinet
- Congress leader Dhillon to join SAD on July 12
- Kushaldeep Singh Dhillon, Jagbir Brar join Congress
- Congress Harchand Singh Barsat joins SAD
- Amarinder’s brother Malwinder Singh joins Shiromani Akali Dal
- CM Parkash Singh Badal files papers from Lambi seat
- Watch Fair & Square with Bob Singh Dhillon
- Punjab to have world class road infrastructure: Dhillon
- Parkash Singh Badal invites UPA allies to oath ceremony