Professor Ajit Singh studied at Punjab University but has spent all his academic life teaching and researching at Cambridge since 1964. Launched in 2009, the ‘Dr Manmohan Singh Chair’ is based at the Department of Economics in Punjab University.
After teaching at Cambridge since 1964, Prof Ajit Singh retired in 2007, and continues his research as an Emeritus Professor of Economics and a Life Fellow of Queen’s College, Cambridge. Prof Ajit Singh’s current research is concerned with the rise of India and China and their economic interactions with advanced and emerging countries.
- Cambridge economist delighted at ‘Manmohan Chair’ offer
- PU offers Manmohan Singh chair to Cambridge Professor
- Lecture on Innovations in Biosciences held in Chandigarh
- MC accepts Rose fest task in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh airport renamed as Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport
- PU Chandigarh physicists contributed to CERN experiment
- PU Chandigarh declares first list for 6 colleges
- Fire incidents in Chandigarh
- PU VC selection team met on Thursday
- NIPER celebrates its founder’s day