In Ludhiana, A four-year-old boy Harkirat, a resident of a locality near the Christian Medical College and Hospital, was electrocuted after he leaned close to a loose high-tension power cable that had fallen on a wall.
The incident took place last evening when Harkirat went out of the house to play after it stopped raining. According to an eyewitness, Harkirat leaned against the wall and got electrocuted. The death of the child triggered protests. Area councillor Sanjay Talwar and MLA Surinder Dawar staged a dharna and demanded strict action against erring power corporation employees, who they held responsible for the death of the child.
- 3-yr-old child electrocuted in Sec-25 Chandigarh
- Three electrocuted in Ludhiana
- 2 farmers of a village electrocuted in Karnal
- 2 persons electrocuted
- Delhi’s sex ratio skewed in high-end areas
- 26/11 terror attack aimed at flaring communal tension: SC told
- Ved Pal Tanwar, 2 others sent to jail
- Ludhiana police arrest a doctor, accomplice
- Punjab school teachers block traffic in Sec-34
- Massive power cuts affect industries in Ludhiana