“Good luck and God speed to each one of our valiant sportsmen and women,” Singh said in a message to Indian athletes participating in the Olympic Games.
He expressed hope that the athletes will earn glory through their performances on the field.
“I join the people of India in wishing our athletes all the best in the Olympic Games. I hope that they earn glory for themselves and for the country through their performances on the field,” Singh said.
India has sent a 83-member team to the London Games that will participate in 13 sporting events.
- Indian athletes lose doping case in CAS
- Indian athletes continue to troupe in at Olympic Games Village
- IOA fumes at SAI, refuse to be sympathatic to athletes
- Indian national flag hoisted at Olympic Village
- Dikshit wishes luck to wrestler Sushil Kumar
- Four athletes caught for doping during Fed Cup Athletics
- India hasn’t asked its athletes to boycott London Games: Maken
- Tendulkar’s presence would have helped athletes: Nobbs
- Injuries, bad luck hampered India: Dhoni
- Pak returning Indian chopper ‘very good step’: US