The official car of the minister collided with a mini-truck of the paramilitary forces and a scooter dashed into them near Sukhna Lake. 52-year-old Rao Narender Singh was taken to PGI hospital in his escort vehicle. Besides the minister, four others were injured, including his driver. The injuries sustained by the minister were minor. A routine check-up, including a CT scan, has been performed on him.
The mini-truck had brought food for the jawans deployed on the road as both Punjab and Haryana governors’ official residences are close to the spot. A case is yet to be registered in connection with the mishap. Police said that they would take further action after the minister’s driver makes any statement.
- 14 injured in bus-truck collision near Ambala
- CCTV camera caught fatal accident in Chandigarh
- School van accident: Absconding truck driver arrested
- Ten children among 11 killed in accident in Ambala
- 5 killed, 16 injured in a collision between two trucks in Bhiwani
- 27 killed in road accident on Mumbai-Pune Expressway
- Three hurt in accident
- 3 killed, 2 injured in accident in Gurdaspur
- 4 killed, two injured in road mishap
- 17 died after a atruck rammed into a pick-up vehichle near Moga