Forwarding the investigation report by the Haryana Police into the Sector 22 accident involving a car driven by then Sector 22 police post in-charge, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has directed the trial court to decide the matter on merit.
Disposing of a petition seeking fair probe into the Sector 22 accident, Justice Daya Choudhary of the Punjab and Haryana High Court has directed the trial court to also weigh the objections raised by Jaspal Singh Bhullar, terming the probe by Haryana police as biased and filing an incomplete, wrong and misleading.
The case dates back to June 27, 2009, when a Santro car and a motorcycle collided at Kiran Cinema light-point in Sector 22. According to allegations, the car dragged motorcycle driver Gagandeep for a long distance. Gagandeep Singh succumbed to his injuries. It was alleged that he was dumped at the accident site while Bhullar fled away. Bhullar who was then in-charge of the Sector 22 police post also sustained injuries. However, the case was registered against Gagandeep Singh by the investigating officer Ram Kishan.
Balwinder Singh, father of the deceased, moved the High Court seeking a probe. He alleged that the second investigation by Kuldeep Singh, in-charge, SCI cell, Sector 24 was also not conducted in proper manner.
The High Court then directed the Haryana Crime Branch to conduct a probe. The Haryana police team reconstructed the scene of accident and in a report filed before High Court indicted Bhullar. The report also stated that Ram Kishan showed undue favour to Bhullar and Kuldeep Singh also did not conduct a proper investigation.
Bhullar had then filed an application before the High Court stating that entire investigation was held in a biased manner and investigating team filed an incomplete, wrong and misleading report.
The Bench disposed of the petition on Tuesday, instructing the trial court to accept or reject Bhullar’s objections.
- Haryana Crime Branch reconstructs accident scene
- HC directs Haryana Police to re-investigate UT cop’s rash driving case
- Court on Nayagaon land case
- Sibling Murder case: Accused Rahul Sahu produced in district court
- Hawara and Bheora were produced in Chandigarh District Court
- Nirmal Yadav seeks exemption from court
- Panchkula court defers hearing in Samjhauta Blasts case
- Justice Nirmal Yadav appears before CBI court in Chandigarh
- NRI Kidnap Case: Police remand of three accused extended
- CBI to be alerted in missing children cases: HC