The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Friday came down heavily on government procurement agencies; the FCI and PUNGRAIN for not using the godowns constructed by private parties under the seven-year scheme in Punjab.
The directions were issued on a PIL filed by Bhola Singh of Mansa, seeking directions to PUNGRAIN and FCI to immediately shift the stocks of current crop of wheat into 27 godowns, which had capacity of more than three lakhs metric tonnes.
The petitioner had stated that the authorities had occupied the godowns only on papers without storing any food grains therein. The petitioner had accused the procurement agencies for the lapse.
- Punjab Mandi Board issues directions for wheat procurement
- Punjab issues new directions to rent private buildings
- Watch Prime Debate – Stopping Grain Drain
- Punjab procures 10,079 tonnes wheat this season
- Over 108 lakh tonnes wheat procured in Punjab
- 12464918 tonnes wheat procured in Punjab
- Paddy buying sees a weak start in Punjab
- HC issues notice to Chandigarh UT on security system at court
- Distress paddy sale due to agencies’ strike in Punjab
- 47.17 lakh tonnes of wheat lifted in Punjab so far