Chandigarh Home secretary Anil Kumar, in an affidavit filed before Punjab and Haryana High Court has denied allegations that the administration is not responsive or sensitive to the recommendations of the Police complaint authority.
The affidavit stated that there were only five instances where recommendations of the police complaint authority were not accepted by the police department. According to the affidavit, there have been instances when the police complaint authority actually ordered the suspension or transfer of an official exceeding its jurisdiction. He said reasons have been recorded even for these cases.
- Anil Kumar is new Home Secretary of Chandigarh
- Complaints Authority ruled on complaint of bias
- Complaint against SHO Malkit Singh upheld in Chandigarh
- RLA staff accused of bungling lakhs by Chandigarh admin
- Chandigarh Admin demolished illegal constructions in Manimajra
- Chandigarh Admin, councillors don’t see eye to eye
- HC Bench to Admin: Don’t stonewall our direction
- Chandigarh Admin grants 20-yr-old demands
- Chandigarh Admin & MC at loggerheads over house tax
- 13-yr-old boy found hanging from fan at home