“Female foeticide is a slur on our progressive society and we should adopt zero tolerance approach in this regard,” Hooda said.
While hailing the concern and initiative of khap panchayats to counter the skewed sex ratio, he said khaps are meant to fight social evils and redress social problems.
“The proposal should be given serious consideration and there was a need for a larger national debate on this issue to create wider public awareness and suggest some more initiatives in this direction,” he said in a statement.
Hooda said the objective to counter the adverse sex ratio is of paramount importance and all the concerned sections, NGOs and social organizations should come forward to contribute in this field. This goal cannot be achieved by the union or state governments alone without the support and people’s participation, he said.
A Khap Mahapanchayat, attended by leaders of over 300 khaps from Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh in Jind district of Haryana, today resolved that female foeticide murder charge be slapped against those who indulge in female foeticide.
- Mahapanchayat on female foeticide to be held in Jind
- Inform about female foeticide, earn Rs 20,000 reward: Har govt
- Rs 25000 reward for information on female foeticide
- Female Foeticide crusader
- Muni delivered a lecture on female foeticide in Chandigarh
- Astrologers warn against female foeticide
- Ajay Devgn-Kajol to make film on female foeticide
- Aamir meets Gehlot on female foeticide issue
- Har female foeticide: Tracking system to be set up in Sirsa
- Aamir Khan to write to Ashok Gehlot on female foeticide