This is Rs 118.13 crore more that the Excise Department’s previous year’s collection, showing a growth of 17 per cent.
This was informed during a meeting, chaired by Minister for Finance and Ladakh Affairs Abdul Rahim Rather, to review the performance of various wings of the Excise Department.
Rather said revenue realisation is imperative for development of the state as it includes a major component of the state’s overall revenue.
He added that better coordination is required at all levels to improve the enforcement activities of the department and asked officers to conduct raids and check attempts towards evasion of excise and toll revenue.
The minister asked the officers to work with dedication and zeal to achieve the set targets and higher revenue realisation.
He asked them to redouble their efforts to eradicate menace of illicit liquor bootlegging and illegal cultivation of Narcotic plants like bhang and poppy.
He also instructed the officers to maintain highest standards of integrity and be responsive to the grievances of the people.
- Excise and Taxation Dept in Punjab to go paperless
- CBI arrested 2 officers of Excise and Taxation Dept in Ludhiana
- Chandigarh Excise and Taxation Dept raids Radiant Wheels complex
- Watch Prime Debate – Revenue vs Alcoholism
- Steel prices to rise by up to Rs 1,000 on excise duty hike
- FM hopeful of meeting indirect tax collection target in FY12
- Punjab to set up advisory body for revenue deptt
- Liquor revenue pace below liquor intake growth in Punjab: CAG
- Badal directs revenue dept to partition joint land holdings
- SRTC registers increase of Rs18.69 cr revenue