“Jammu and Kashmir Police is fully geared up to face the challenges and the force has successfully dealt with various situations after making supreme sacrifices,” he said at the attestation-cum-passing out parade at the Commando Training Centre at Lethpora in Pulwama district.
Wani said the state police has got acclaim at the national level for its prime role in restoring peace in the state.
He said there was need for better training skills of police personnel to face new challenges and said the courses should be oriented to tackle the cyber crimes and the latest techniques adopted by criminals.
Director General of Police K Rajendra Kumar said 937 recruits have undergone basic training with special emphasis on commando training.
Recruit constable Jehangir Ahmed Darzi was declared best all-round trainee and was given one rank promotion on the spot as Selection Grade constable.
- Women candidates all set to guard Punjab CM,DyCM
- Cong questions Badal’s move of sending commandos to Israel
- Anti-terror training for Haryana police officers
- JK Police one of the best forces in India: Omar
- Gujarat police also seek custody of Abu Jundal
- 171 police recruits inducted as constables
- Punjab Police to do training with New York Police
- Haryana DGP warns corrupt police officials
- First batch of 20 women commandos undergoing training to guard CM and Deputy CM
- Punjab Police first to issue UID to all its officials