A senior leader of the party also called for making border and LoC between India and Pakistan “irrelevant”. “I appeal to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to make border and Line of Control between Indian and Pakistan irrelevant,” NC leader Mustafa Kamal said. Kamal was addressing convention of party workers in the border village of Dablehar in Suctegarh constituency of Jammu district.
“It is the need of hour to establish good and friendly relationship with the neighbour and work out an amicable settlement for the Kashmir by taking the people of both sides on board,” Kamal, who is brother of Union minister Farooq Abdullah and uncle of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, said.
- J&K Minister bats for making Indo-Pak border irrelevant
- Pak can’t leave its borders insecure
- Open Fazilka, Ferozepur borders for trade with Pak: Sukhbir
- Farooq suggests’Controlled democracy’ to give quicker results
- Mustafa Kamal to quit NC posts?
- Political solution of K-issue will remove the shadow of gun: Omar
- Thaw in Indo-Pak relations benefits J&K: Omar
- Handful of militants making desparate attempts: Omar
- Zardari’s visit reflects maturity in Indo-Pak ties: Omar
- Spy who spent 12 years in a Pakistani jail, remains jailed in India on murder charges