A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting of the Board of Technical Education chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit. “The board has approved a proposal for exemption of tuition fee for persons with disability,” Dikshit said after the meeting.
The board also decided to provide an extra opportunity to clear examinations to those disabled students who got admission in the polytechnics since 1999 onwards and could not clear all the papers in the stipulated period.
Such candidates will be eligible for the special examination subject to the condition that they have not availed the “mercy chance examination” held in March 2011, said an official.
- Polytechnics can provide skilled workforce: Sibal
- Warden arrested for sodomise mentally-disabled youth
- Students allege PEC faculty following draconian rules
- 82 BA students of GCM protest against authorities
- PEC Students raise voice against difficult criterion to clear Ist sem
- Cash awards for 5 students for helping avert air disaster
- DU exam mess: students get wrong papers
- Delhi Govt increases quota for OBCs in institutions
- Higher percentage of OBC students in IIMs, IITs: Govt
- Chandigarh: Majority of students scored CGPA of 9