Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone have been paired up romantically for the third time in ‘Cocktail’ and the actress insists that the chemistry between them just happened and its vital to love stories.
“I guess things like chemistry is between characters more than anything else. When we set out to do ‘Love Aaj Kal’ we did not plan that we are going to have this chemistry and that people should like us together on screen. It just happened..it is something we did not expect or planned out. Sometimes, some things just fall in place…everything is just a coincidence,” Deepika told PTI in an interview.
“‘Cocktail’ is a second romantic-comedy that we are doing together with Illumanti Production. Our chemistry is something thats not tangible…you either have it or don’t. For the kind of films that we have acted in, we need to have it. In love stories its very important,” she said.
The romantic-comedy directed by Homi Adajania stars Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone and newbie Diana Penty in lead roles, besides Dimple Kapadia and Boman Irani.
“Cocktail is about three different characters – Gautam, Veronica and Meera, their background is completely different. How they meet, how they become best friends, living under one roof. And when friendship turns into love, the cocktail of emotions between friendship and love begins,” Deepika said.
Deepika was offered both the roles – Meera, a simple desi girl and Veronica, an outspoken brat – and she opted to play the latter.
“The role of Meera is similar to the role that I did in ‘Love Aaj Kal’ and it would have been easy to slip back into doing the same thing. I was ready for a risk and to take on something that is more slightly exciting and challenging. And which why even Dinesh (producer) was confused, so he offered me both the roles…he knew I could do Meera but he also felt that I could also pull off Veronica,” Deepika said.
- NRIs would love to see Cocktail: Saif Ali Khan
- ‘Cocktail’ is different from ‘Love Aaj Kal’: Deepika Padukone
- I hope I can do romantic films even at 50: Saif
- Randeep Hooda does a cameo in ‘Cocktail’
- Romantic comedy genre belongs to Saif: ‘Cocktail’ producer
- Playing Veronica in ‘Cocktail’ was challenging: Deepika
- Emraan-Vidya have unique chemistry in ‘Dirty Dancing’
- Munda congratulates Deepika for becoming no.1
- What happened to inclusion of Chandigarh in Punjab: Cong
- Kissing in films is like action sequence: Ranbir Kapoor