In the game of basketball, his height gives him an advantage and like many young basketball players, he wants to make it to the American National Basketball Association.
Born in Moga district of Punjab, Satnam grew up in Balloke – a village in Barnala district – he took up basketball when he was 10. After his initial training at the Ludhiana Basketball Academy, this giant made way to the IMG Academy in Florida.
Having trained in the United States, the 7-footer wants to dominate the court. Looking at his potential, Satnam, who weighs a little over 110-kg, is already being talked about as a future NBA player, India’s first.
He is also the youngest player to be selected in the Indian senior men’s basketball team which will take part in the 26th Asia Basketball Championship in Wuhan, China, from September 15 to 25.
The tallest hoopster amongst the Indian contingent, Satnam feels proud to don Indian colours and is waiting for his moment of glory with baited breath.
- Haryana CM felicitates youngest-ever mountaineering team
- I can’t wait to return to Indian team: Harbhajan
- Kabaddi World Cup :Sukhbir Singh Sarawan to lead Indian team
- Lt Gen SK Singh took over as Deputy Chief of Indian Army
- Indian hockey team rejects meagre cash reward
- Indian hockey team ready to flaunt six-pack abs in London
- Indian team leaves for South Africa
- 3 Indian-origin Americans roped in Obama campaign team
- Indian team gives ICC awards a miss
- Indian team will soon bounce back to No. 1 spot: Muralitharan