The body of Sehgal, who passed away yesterday at the age of 97, was taken in a procession from the McRobert hospital. Suhasini Ali, daughter of the freedom fighter and CPI(M) leader said, “as per her last wish we have donated her eyes and her body would be donated for medical research and handed over to the Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial Medical College”. Union Minister Vyalar Ravi, CPI(M)leader Brinda Karat, Sehgal’s filmmaker grandson Shad Ali and other prominent media personalities paid their tributes at her last farewell.
Karat remembered the leader as a “highly politically motivated human being who fought injustice wherever she saw it…She served people with every ounce of strength”. Yesterday, after her demise, leaders from across the political spectrum lauded Sehgal’s contribution to the country. Sehgal (97), who was part of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s Indian National Army, breathed her last at a private hospital at 11.20 AM yesterday. She was admitted to the hospital on July 19 after she suffered a heart attack at her residence in the Civil Lines area.
- Retired principal donates body for research in Khanna
- Embassy claims Frenchman’s body
- Decomposed body at LNJP: Trio arrested for murder of woman
- Only Shanti Bhushan donated 4 lakh in Anna’s movement
- PGI to keep patients’ electronic medical records
- Haryana decides to set up medical college under PPP mode
- GMCH 32 dumping medical waste in backyard
- Punjab to set up forest research institute
- Body of cardiologist Deepak Kaura found in Dera Bassi
- Indian-American doctor appointed to key US medical board