Shashi Kapoor, the youngest of the Kapoor brothers — Raj and Shammi — was admitted to Kokilaben Hospital in suburban Andheri this morning for surgery. “He underwent a cataract surgery at the hospital. He is doing well and was discharged today,” Dr Ram Narain, COO, Kokilaben Hospital, told PTI. The surgery was performed by Dr Seema Behl. The 76-year-old star made his debut as a child artist in 1948 with ‘Aag’.
His first film as a hero was ‘Dharamputra’ in 1961. His memorable performances include ‘Jab Jab Phool Khile’, ‘Kanyadaan’, ‘Pyar Ka Mausam’, ‘Sharmeelee’, ‘Aa Gale Lag Jaa’, ‘Fakira’, ‘Chor Machaye Shor’, ‘Mukti’, ‘Satyam Shivam Sundaram’, ‘Heeralal Pannalal’ among others. The senior producer-director also played roles in a number of Indo-English films including ‘The Householder’, ‘Shakespeare-Wallah’, ‘Bombay Talkie’ and ‘Heat and Dust’. Last year, he was honoured with the Padma Bhushan.
- Shatrughan Sinha undergoes bypass surgery
- Amitabh Bachchan undergoes surgery, doing fine
- Shatrughan Sinha out from ICU after bypass surgery
- Two-year-old child undergoes second surgery, remains critical
- 2-yr-old from Pak underwent successful surgery at Fortis
- Diddy undergoes shoulder surgery
- Successful Bariatric Surgery conducted in Fortis Hospital, Mohali
- Amitabh Bachchan to undergo surgery
- Big B to be discharged tomorrow
- Sonia Gandhi recovering in ICU after surgery