Chandigarh: Members of SOPU gathered outside the office of the Punjab University VC to demand admission for two groups of low-scoring students.
SOPU party staged a protest outside the Punjab University VC’s office on Friday. SOPU president Manoj Lubana said that his party has two demands: one is to give the admission to 158 students of UIET department students who scored less than 50% marks in exam and secondly to admit in M Sc 208 re-appear students of BSC
First year, B.Tech Mechanical students of UIET department said that they have less than 50% marks and now the department is refusing to give them admission in the next class which will ruin their one year.
Manoj said that they staged a protest six days before also and the VC assured them that he would do something after meeting with the committee. Yesterday the committee refused to take these students. SOPU members said they would continue their protest until the committee decides in the students’ favour.
- SOPU leader shot at Mohali in front of his house
- PU students protest on campus
- SOPU, PUSU major rivals on PU Chandigarh
- PU law students staged protest
- PGI’s nursing institute students hold protest
- Students connect with nature at workshop
- Final counselling for B.Com is on July 23 at PU Chandigarh
- 2 students of UIET formulate a parking plan
- B.Tech students of Rayat Bahra get plum jobs
- B.Com admission starts, cut-off went very high