Singh, who is the chairman of Congress’ campaign committee for the coming Assembly polls in the state, called on Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath in New Delhi and requested him to hold the elections in early November, his office said in a statement here. He also asked the CEC to restrain the state government from announcing sops for different sections of the society ahead of polls and urged him to impose the model code of conduct at the earliest to check misuse of official machinery.
Earlier, he also met AICC president Sonia Gandhi and apprised her about the political situation in the state and the party’s poll strategy in the coming elections.
- Assembly polls in HP likely to be advanced by month
- SAD seeks early LS polls, says NDA best alternative to Cong
- SMC polls debacle: Virbhadra blames wrong ticket distribution
- Virbhadra to head Cong campaign committee in HP assembly poll
- Team Anna eyes Delhi assembly polls
- BJP-SAD will win next year’s Punjab Assembly polls
- My resignation no setback for Cong in HP polls: Virbhadra
- Assembly polls: Counting of votes to be taken up tomorrow
- MC Polls in December
- 4 nominations for Himachal Pradesh Assembly by-polls