Chandigarh: History sheeter Devinder Singh alias Whisky and seven others have been sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of Harjinder Singh Dhillon in 2009. The judgment comes almost three years after the murder.
The Chandigarh court sentenced all the seven accused in the 2009 murder of a financier at Sector 20, Chandigarh to life imprisonment. Main accused Devinder Singh alias Whisky along with six others, shot down 42 year old Harjinder Singh Dhillon with a .32 bore revolver at his office in sector 20, Chandigarh on November 25, 2009. The murder has been attributed to a dispute over the financing of a Ford Fiesta car. An employee of the victim witnessed the murder.
Whisky and his accomplices fled from the crime scene but the UT police arrested them in Khanna on December 11, 2009. Whisky has been involved in several cases like murder, attempt to murder, violation of the Arms Act and cheating in Punjab and Chandigarh. His notoriety was such that he was transported for case hearings alone and handcuffed in a well guarded bus. He was not allowed to mingle with other jail inmates.
Harjinder Singh Dhillon was the son of retired captain Kanwar Singh Dhillon, who says he is satisfied with the verdict. Additional district and session judge Preeti Sahni also imposed a fine of 5,000 Rs each on the accused.
- Lady doctor, killer granthi get life term
- Aroma murder accused in judicial custody
- Man held for wife’s murder in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh Police arrested 2 persons for murder of Sec-24 resident
- Sibling Murder case: Accused Rahul Sahu produced in district court
- Sukhwinderjit murder case: Life term for Neki
- Mohali police arrest 2 for murder of Vikrant Verma
- Zirakpur Double murder case: Accused in 2 day police remand
- Sukhwinderjit murder case: Court defers pronouncement for June 6
- Sector 41 double murder: No arrested yet