Can you think of words that are a contradiction in terms? How about ‘gentleman thug’ or ‘innocent vamp’? ‘Honest immigration agent’ is another good one. Ask the clients of a certain immigration service in Mohali.
Two young cousins chased a Canadian dream but ultimately came home poorer, wiser and just glad to be alive. Harjinder Singh and Amit Lal paid 23 lakhs to Sohana-based PB Immigration Service for a Canadian visa. The agent flew them to Bangkok where he locked them in a room and left them to starve.
Harjinder and Amit managed to escape from the room and with great difficulty returned to India. Back in Mohali, they caught up with the agent who promised to refund but instead disappeared. The two miserable youngsters went to the police and an FIR was registered – That was back in 2011. Since then a case has been registered against the company but the accused are untraced.
Amrit and Harjinder are not the only victims of PB Immigration. Sahib Singh paid eight lakh rupees to PB immigration services for his his visa. He got no visa, and his money vanished like sand down a rat-hole. Now he makes the rounds of the SSP’s office day after day to no avail.
Hardeep Singh is poorer by 18 lakh rupees thanks to PB Immigration Services. His 18 lakh came partly from the sale of his land and partly it was borrowed money. Now he is pursued by bank staff and money-lenders and has no means of earning.
The Mohali police has registered numerous cases have been registered against PB Immigration Services but the difficult job of tracking down the accused is going nowhere. The victims are in desperate straits and see nothing but misery in their futures.
- Mohali based immigration firm named in fraud case
- Police recover 2.5 kg of gold from immigration fraud
- Immigration company dupes two cousins
- Police busted immigration racket in Zirakpur
- Immigration fraud applicant can face 10 years ban
- Chandigarh police arrested immigration fraud
- 20 immigration firms sealed in Chandigarh
- 6,000 immigration consulting firms under cops’ radar for fraud
- Police arrest 2 more persons in the Healthyway immigration fraud case
- Chandigarh: Immigration firms must furnish cops all details