This 12 year old girl in the Mohali Civil Hospital is scarred for life. The victim of incest, at the hands of her paternal uncle, she was four months pregnant when she was brought to hospital. The case came to light when the girl felt unwell and medical examination revealed pregnancy. Hospital authorities informed the police and aborted the fetus.
The police talked to the girl who said her paternal uncle, Rahul, a resident of Sector 56, Chandigarh, violated her and threatened her of dire consequences if she told anyone.
The police have arrested Rahul and the girl is undergoing treatment. Physically, the girl is expected to recover well but the real wounds would be very difficult to heal.
- NRI kids’ custody given to uncle by Norwegian court
- Kurali couple alleges newborn swapped, govt hospital rubbishes charges
- Two-year-old child undergoes second surgery, remains critical
- 25-year-old woman dies in Indus Hospital
- Punjab Roadways bus crushed 21-year-old girl to death
- AIDS claimed 175 lives in one year in Punjab
- Chandigarh police release photo of suspect Rahul Sahu
- Four-and-half-year old girl allegedly raped in Pathankot
- Woman alleges murder attempt by in-laws for dowry
- Domestic help alleges yearlong imprisonment