Four vehicle thieves have been nabbed and 11 stolen vehicles recovered from them. In what should be a serious cause for concern, none of the accused studied beyond class X and all are drug addicts.
Chandigarh police have arrested four young men and recovered 11 stolen vehicles from them. Police believe that all the vehicles were stolen from the Tricity area. Among the recovered vehicles are on car, three scooters and 7 motorcycles .Police also recovered one country-made pistol and toy pistol from them too.
The accused have been identified as Balwinder Singh of Khuda Lahora, Sandeep Kumar and Babbar Khan from Maloya and Gurpreet Singh from Mohali. None have criminal records.
DSP Kapur said that with the arrest of these men, six theft cases under the Sector 11 police station have been solved. Police say that after committing a theft, the gang would immediately strip the vehicle and sell the parts to scrap dealers. Police said that none of four completed Class X and all are drug addicts.
- 3 held for stealing vehicles outside parks in Chandigarh
- Two held for vehicle lifting in Panchkula
- Two held for vehicle theft in Mohali
- Drug addiction holds Punjab to ransom
- Six members of auto lifter gang held
- Conference on drug abuse concludes at PU
- Anti drug abuse day observed in Mohali
- CIA solves major car robbery case of Punjab, arrest 9 and recover 51 vehicles
- Chandigarh police busts gang
- Drug de-addiction camp at Khuda Jassu