Thereafter, he moved the Patiala sessions court. The session’s court directed reinstatement of Jarnail Singh and release of his arrears.
However, Jarnail Singh was not reinstated despite the orders of the session’s court. The Railways moved Punjab and Haryana High Court in 1986 but the petition was dismissed. Railways authorities approached CAT in 1987 where the case was dismissed again.
Jarnail Singh went to Ambala Railways to push his reinstatement, which did not fall through. Officials of Ambala railways asked him to go to the Delhi Railways. The case was put off for years and in 2011, Jarnail approached the Punjab and Haryana High Court which directed the railways to reinstate him. Again, the orders were not complied with. The court issued a contempt of court notice but the railways did not budge. He moved court again and the next date of hearing is August 29.
All the red tapism has drained Jarnail’s life. He had four acres of land which he sold to pay lawyers over the years. He has four sons and the strain of having her husband laid off with four sons to bring up has robbed his wife of mental balance. Jarnail has been living on his father’s pension and his meager living as a daily wager.
Jarnail Singh sought help from several political leaders, even going up to the president. He was merely 25 when he was unceremoniously fired. Life has passed him by, but justice is lost in files.
- Nayagaon land-grab petitioner fears life threat
- Lady doctor, killer granthi get life term
- 4 kidnappers sentenced to life imprisonment
- ASI and illegal arms dealer arrested in Chandigarh
- ‘Whiskey,’ accomplices get life term for murder
- Panchkula Zila Parishad president, V-P to stay
- ABHSS man alleges torture in Bural Jail
- Burail jail break case hearing
- Fog disrupts everyday life in Chandigarh
- 450 gm baby gets lease of life in Mohali