The parents of Anupma, who died in PGI, following an accident involving a CTU bus on July 17, have moved the Chandigarh Consumer Commission, seeking compensation of 85 lakh rupees from the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking and the PGI. Pankaj Chandgothia, counsel for Amit Sarkar and Sonika Sarkar, the parents of Anupma, stated that Anupama died because of gross medical negligence on part of the PGI.
Chandgothia also held the CTU to be responsible. He accused the driver of rash and negligent driving, and also charged the UT Administration with being deficient in service as it failed to get the bus insured. Anupma was the only child of Sarkar couple. The case will come before the commission on August 29.
- Baby dies, parents blame nurse
- Parents protest at St Kabir School Sector 26, Chandigarh
- Anupama Sarkar case: PGI gives clean chit to doctors
- Doctors found guilty in Suman Case
- Students,Parents came to support Principal
- Six-year-old boy dies, parents blame school
- Parents not taking chances, applying in more than 10 schools
- MC, UT admin pulled in regard to paid parking
- Teens deceiving parents on Internet use
- Parents must have the right to smack children