The announcement was made by the Army Chief here soon after Vijay Kumar was made a Subedar Major.
“This commission (to the grade of officer) has to be granted by the President and certain rules have to be followed. We will provide all help to him as he is very capable … he talks in English and is very educated and has the capabilities to become an officer. We will further strengthen his capabilities to make him a commissioned officer,” he said.
Gen Singh was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function to felicitate 14 Olympians belonging to the Army.
Addressing the gathering, he said as per the existing policy, two promotions have been given to the ace shooter.
Meanwhile, Vijay Kumar said he felt that “justice has been done to him” with the cash award of Rs 30 lakh and promotion to Subedar Major.
“I can say yes. For the last four last years I was waiting for my incentives. This promotion was due last year and I have got it now. Now, I can say yes,” he said, when asked if justice has been done to him.
- Credit for Vijay’s success goes to Indian Army: Father
- Indian army celebrate 40th anniversary of Vijay Diwas
- Vijay Kumar fails to qualify in 10m Air Pistol
- Sukhbir congratulates Vijay Kumar for clinching silver
- Rs 1 crore for Olympic silver winner shooter Vijay Kumar
- HP CM recommends Vijay Kumar for Rajiv Gandhi Kel Ratna
- SAI to offer officer’s grade jobs to all Olympians
- IAS officer Praveen Kumar beats himself
- Senior officer in Cab Sec leaked Army Chief’s letter
- 17-yr-old son of ex Indian Army officer in critical state