Slamming Pakistan for ceasefire violations, BJP today accused the Centre of watching as a mute spectator while the neighbouring country created fear psychosis and disturbed normal life of the border people. “Pakistan is violating ceasefire every now and then. Union Government is watching all this as mute spectator”, BJP State President, Shamsher Singh Manhas said after visiting border villages of Pindi, Kaku de Kothey and Alla falling in Bishnah constituency of Jammu.
Accompanied by State General Secretary Sat Sharma and Party MLA Jugal Kishore Sharma, the BJP team was apprised by the local inhabitants about the hardships faced by them and the losses they have to undergo as they are prevented to undertake agricultural activities in their fields. “The people are feeling insecure and there is uncertainty among them. They are not able to lead a normal life free from terror and worry,” he said. He assured the people that the party will take up their grievances and seek adequate compensation for them. He also stressed on setting up Defence Committees for better liasion with the army.
- 45 ceasefire violations along Indo-Pak border in J-K
- Army lodges protest with Pak over ceasefire violations
- Ceasefire violation: J-K govt asks people to maintain calm
- Pak violates ceasefire, fires on Indian posts in Jammu
- 5th ceasefire violation by Pak in a week, BSF jawan injured
- Pak violates ceasefire twice, fires at Indian posts
- Pak should act responsibly on maintaining ceasefire
- PDP slams NC for ‘alienating’ people of Kashmir
- Harsimrat slams PM, says he has done nothing for Punjab
- Pak violates ceasefire, BSF jawan injured in firing