Police seized Rs 92.86 lakh in cash and 1.5 kg of gold ornaments from the Mohali residence of Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, the estranged second wife of former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan, three days after she was found dead under mysterious circumstances. The special investigation team searched Fiza’s house in Sector 48C and found Rs 92.86 lakh in cash and 1.5 kg of gold ornaments in a ground floor almirah, police said. Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Gurpreet Singh Bhullar said the SIT took all the recoveries in its procession in the presence of a Magistrate and was also verifying about Fiza’s two bank accounts.
Sources said that police will be investigating the sources of money. Meanwhile, police again questioned Fiza’s uncle Satpal in length, they said. After Fiza’s body found in her house on Monday, Satpal came to the house late in the night to take the car and some documents from the house but was sent back by the police guard. He again came to the house on Tuesday and was again sent back by the guard. Satpal somehow took away both mobiles of Fiza but these were recovered by the police on same day, the sources said. Police said the SIT has questioned more than 15 people who were said to be close to Fiza including Satpal. 50 CDs have also been recovered from the house including one containing Chander Mohan’s SMSes, calls and their marriage photographs. Besides, the police had taken possession of Fiza’s Honda CRV and Santro car.
- 92 lakh cash, 1.5 Kg gold recovered from Fiza’ residence
- Fiza Mohammad alias Anuradha Bali found dead
- ‘No evidence of foul play in Fiza’s death found’
- Couple,2 daughters found dead inside their house
- Anandpur SDM Kiranbir Singh Mann found dead near Kotla power house
- Anuradha Bali alias Fiza commits suicide
- Sub Inspector Vishal Sharma found dead in Sec-42 house
- Woman attacked at Mohali House
- Body of scientist found in decomposed state in Faridabad
- Indian family found dead in the UAE