The General House of the Municipal Corporation will meet on Thursday for yet another exercise in democracy.
The General House of the Municipal Corporation will meet on Thursday for yet another exercise in democracy. The House will take up four main issues, namely Mauli Jagran day market, Drainage system maintenance, Sewerage pipe repair and Tertiary water supply pipelines. Speaking to Day & Night News, BJP councilor Saurab Joshi pointed out that lack of drainage system maintenance had been raised in the past three MC House meetings with no satisfactory solution. He declared that he and his fellow Opposition councilors would go on raising the issue until the problem is effectively solved.
Joshi also wants the city’s sewer pipes repaired or replaced and he wants the pipeline carrying tertiary water supply extended. He says he has his job cut out for him when the House convenes on Thursday.
The ruling Congress councilor and particulary Mayor Raj Bala have their jobs cut out for them too. Vocal chords get ready!
- Chandigarh MC house meets on Tuesday
- Crack down on govt house misuse in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh Admin & MC at loggerheads over house tax
- PU VC selection team met on Thursday
- A major fire broke out in a three-story house in Chandigarh
- Drain cleaning/repair job was to start in April in Chandigarh
- Unknown miscreants fired gun shots at Sec 44 house in Chandigarh
- Monsoon drowns MC Chandigarh claims
- Chandigarh MC water supply committee to hold meeting
- Last meeting of Chandigarh MC house held