Can you imagine life without Facebook? Well you could either hate it or love it but you cannot ignore it. Now that the government is planning to clamp down on social networking sites in the wake of the scare among residents of north east, the future of such sites is uncertain.
In the recent past, social networking sites like Facebook have become an integral part of life for people who want to remain connected without spending too much. Crores of people log on to social networking sites every day. The sites are particularly popular with youngsters who love the fast connectivity it provides them. The sites have also been used as platforms to air opinions on a wide range of issues. However, such power is liable to be misused, as recent reports of the use of social networking sites to fuel panic among residents of the north east suggest. That being the case, the government plans to restrict such sites, which has left millions of users apprehensive.
There are many people who don’t mind giving up social networking sites for the larger interests of the people and the country. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that social networking sites created history. Their future may be uncertain but no one can deny the
- Court issues summons to foreign social networking sites
- Of 36 sites on auction, only 3 found takers
- Rihanna named queen of social networking superstars
- Watch Young & Kool – Social Networking Sites
- Social networking site Google+ now open to public
- Govt meets social networking cos, asserts no plan to censor
- BJP(YM) holds demonstration in Chandigarh
- Experts discuss pros, cons of new media
- Videocon launches new Youth pack
- Govt orders blocking of more than 250 websites