The Haryana Assembly today passed 11 bills on the concluding day of its three-day monsoon session. Among the bills passed include the Haryana Appropriation (No. 3) Bill, 2012, to provide for the appropriation of over Rs 2,352 crore out of the Consolidated Fund of Haryana State to meet the supplementary grants made by the state legislative Assembly for the financial year 2012-13.
The Haryana Municipal (Amendment) Bill, 2012 was passed to amend section 2, 69, 70 of Haryana Municipal Act, 1973 and to insert section 75A, 75B and 75C in it. The Haryana Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2012 was also adopted to make amendments in section 2 and 87 of Haryana Municipal Corporation Act, 1994 and to insert section 87A, 87B and 87C in it. The state government has formulated a new system of property tax calculation and collection and has notified the same.
According to the statements of objects and reasons of the two municipal bills, it had become imperative to make certain amendments in the Haryana Municipal Act, 1973 and the Haryana Municipal Corporation Act, 1994 so that these Acts and the property tax system are in tune with each other.The Maharshi Dayanand University (Second Amendment) Bill, 2012, Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwa Vidyalaya Khanpur Kalan (Second Amendment) Bill, 2012 were some of the bills passed among others by the House.
- Haryana Assembly passes five bills
- Punjab assembly passes 7 bills before adjournment
- Assembly passes slew of amendments to Acts
- Monsoon Session of Parliament: List of bills
- Har Assembly passes bill allowing hike in salary of members
- J-K Assembly passes Property Transfer Bill
- Lawyers oppose four Bills in Parliament
- Himachal Assembly passes Lokayukta Bill with amendments
- INLD MLA’s sitting outside the Haryana Assembly
- Two controversial bills withdrawn by Badal govt