Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda will honour medal winners, participants and coaches of Haryana, who brought laurels to the State and the country in London Olympics, at a function to be held in Gohana tomorrow.
London silver medallist grappler Sushil Kumar would be honoured with cash prize of Rs 1.50 crore, while bronze medallist wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt, bronze medal winner in shooting Gagan Narang and badminton queen Saina Nehwal who also won a bronze, would be honoured with cash prize of Rs one crore each.
Krishna Poonia, participant in discus throw would be honoured with Rs 31 lakh, while participants such as Beijing bronze medallist boxer Vijender Singh, women wrestler Geeta Phogat and young wrestler Amit Kumar would be honoured with cash prize of Rs 21 lakh each.
Among others, Jai Bhagwan, Manoj Kumar, Sanjeev Rajput, Sardara Singh, Vikas Krishan, Seema Antil, Sumit Sangwan, Om Parkash, Anuraj Singh and Sandeep Singh would be honoured with Rs 11 lakh each, an official spokesman said.
He said the coaches of the medal winners would be honoured with Rs three lakh each, whereas coaches of participant players would be honoured with Rs one lakh each.The State Government would also honour the London medal winners and participants with luxary cars.
- Rs 2.5 Crore for gold medal in Olympics: Haryana CM
- Maximum state players in Olympics due to sports policy: Hooda
- India finish 55th in medal standing at London Games
- Haryana police to honour London Olympians from state
- PM, Sonia Gandhi congratulate Saina for bronze at Olympics
- Haryana govt announces Rs 1 crore for Saina
- Grappler Yogeshwar clinches bronze, gives India fifth medal
- 18 litterateurs will be honoured by Haryana
- Haryana Govt announces Rs 1 crore for Gagan Narang
- PM congratulates Narang for winning Bronze in London Olympics