The Delhi High Court would deliver tomorrow its verdict on the anticipatory bail plea of absconding former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, the key accused in former air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case. Justice P K Bhasin, who had reserved his order on Kanda’s bail plea after a day-long hearing on August 14, would pronounce it at 4 pm tomorrow.
A magisterial court, meanwhile, issued a NBW against the elusive lawmaker today and asked the police to execute the arrest warrant by August 24. During the hearing, Additional Siddharth Luthra had opposed Kanda’s bail plea saying that it needed to quiz him to find the missing computers and other crucial evidence in the case. An absconding accused does not deserve anticipatory bail as “there is an answer to be given to the society, the dead soul and the victim’s family,” the ASG had said.
The computers, which may give crucial leads in the ongoing probe against Kanda, co-accused Aruna Chaddha and the victim are missing from the Gurgaon-based office of MDLR group, he had said, adding that Kanda’s custodial interrogation was needed to trace them. Kanda’s counsel K T S Tulsi, however, had said that the ingredients of offence of Section 306 (abetment of suicide) under the IPC was missing in the FIR as the accused neither “urged”, nor “incited” nor “goaded” the victim to commit suicide. “I was her employer and you cannot hang me with the next pole just because of the fact that I knew her,” he had said. Kanda has been accused of abetting the suicide of Sharma, an ex-air hostess of his defunct MDLR airline.
- Court rejects Kanda’s anticipatory bail plea
- CBI opposes Yeddyurappa’s anticipatory bail plea
- Geetika suicide case: Kanda moves Delhi HC for bail
- Cash-for-vote scam: Hearing on ex-BJP MPs’ bail plea deferred
- Police does not oppose bail plea of cash-for-vote scam accused
- Geetika suicide case: Delhi HC reserves order on Kanda’s bail
- Delhi court to hear A Raja’s bail plea today
- CWG scam: HC issues notice to CBI on Kalmadi’s bail plea
- Nupur Talwar initiates process for filing bail plea in HC
- 2G case: HC to hear bail pleas of Kanimozhi, 5 others tomorrow