The Himachal Pradesh Assembly polls are likely to be held in two phases with three tribal constituencies going to polls in the first week of November and the remaining 65 constituencies in the third week of November.
This was indicated by observers of the Election Commission who visited the state early this week to review the poll preparations, official sources said.
The state government had earlier suggested to the EC that polls in tribal constituencies be held after November 15 and in the rest of the state in December.
The Commission also indicated that counting of votes would take place in December-end after polling was held in Gujarat.
“We have apprised the Election Commission of the weather constraints in tribal areas and brought to its notice that the high mountain passes officially close on November 15,” Chief Secretary Sudripta Roy told reporters.
Congress had favoured polls in one phase between third week of October and November 15, keeping in view freak weather conditions in tribal and high mountain areas.
- Assembly polls in HP likely to be advanced by month
- HP to conduct caste census in two phases
- Adampur, Ratia assembly bypolls on Nov 30
- Virbhadra seeks Assembly polls in HP by early November
- Team Anna eyes Delhi assembly polls
- MCD polls to be held next month
- Over 70% voter turnout in 13th phase of J&K panchayat polls
- MC Polls in December
- 4 nominations for Himachal Pradesh Assembly by-polls
- Watch Prime Debate – Punjab Assembly Polls