A Congress delegation has submitted its 114-page “charge sheet” against BJP government in Himachal Pradesh to the President targetting Chief Minister P K Dhumal and top state leaders, and demanded a high-level independent inquiry into its allegations. The charge sheet, which took nearly two years to come out in public, is titled ‘Himachal on Sale’. It targets the Chief Minister, his MP son Anurag Thakur, ministers and some “favourite officers calling the shots” in the Dhumal government. The charge sheet has dubbed the Dhumal government as “property dealer” and accused it of “favouring outsiders”. The delegation of state Congress leaders led by AICC general secretary and party in-charge for Himachal, Chaudhary Birender Singh submitted the document to the President.
The HPCC chief, Leader of the Opposition Vidya Stokes, charge sheet committee chairman G S Bali and some senior leaders were part of the delegation. Notably, former Union Minister Virbhadra Singh and Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma did not accompany the delegation. The charge sheet provided to media through e-mail covers 50 departments. Major contents of the document are the same as contained in the charge sheet released by state BJP chief, few months ago causing embarrassment to the Congress. The charge sheet has accused the BJP government of indulging in land deals to facilitate outsiders acquire land in the state in relaxation of land laws and questioned its decision to give huge chunk of land to Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) by going out of the way and relaxing existing laws.
- HP drops Karmapa’s name from charge sheet in currency case
- HPCC president denies BJP claim over ‘charge sheet’
- HJC-BJP preparing ‘charge sheet’ against Hooda govt: Kuldeep
- Cash-for-vote scam: Police files supplementary charge sheet
- CBI files charge sheet in Bhanwari Devi case
- CBI files third charge sheet in Bhanwari Devi case
- Cong accuses HP govt of favouring business house
- ‘Chargesheet’ episode shameful, probe required: union minister
- IPS officer murder case: CBI files charge sheet against Gurjar
- NIA files supplementary charge sheet in Samjhauta blasts case