Hinting that the student body polls may be cancelled, Vice-Chancellor of Himachal Pradesh University A.D.N. Bajpai said he was not against student politics, but any kind of violence or indiscipline, which vitiated the academic atmosphere of the campus, would not be tolerated.
Bajpai said the manner in which student outfits indulge in a war of words and put up posters against each other is bound to vitiate the atmosphere of the campus, which will not be allowed. Meanwhile, the state government has also stated that if the university administration felt that student body polls could vitiate the academic atmosphere, they were free to ban them. The university students are, however, angry at the development.
- Body of Indian student reaches India from the US
- Student body leaders doing all to woo voters
- Panjab University student body council polls today
- Student parties introducing themselves via help desks in PU
- Dr Arun Bajpai to be new V-C of Himachal University
- DAV shies away from student elections
- PU student body elections are due for September 2
- Dr A D N Bajpai appointed as new VC of HPU
- PU polls on September 2
- Student leader hurt in campus violence in DAV Chandigarh