Laxman stunned cricket fraternity yesterday by announcing his sudden retirement. The timing of Laxman’s retirement shocked many as he was picked in the squad for the upcoming two-Test series against New Zealand.
Ganguly was quoted as saying in media that had Laxman enjoyed support of his skipper Dhoni, situation could have been different for him.
However, Ganguly today said, he did not mean what media suggested of his comments.”I would like to place on record that part of my comment on VVS Laxman’s efforts to get in touch with skipper MS Dhoni was misconstrued. What I did say was, ‘In cricket at times you need to be available 24×7 as a captain’. It no way implied that Laxman doesn’t enjoy his skipper’s support or suggest that the situation would have been different (for Laxman) had he enjoyed the skipper’s support,” Ganguly said.
Ganguly had also lashed out at the selectors, especially chief selector K Srikkanth for the communication gap between them and the players.
- It’s not KKR vs Sourav Ganguly match: Gambhir
- Ganguly’s days as Pune captain over, to serve as mentor only
- Shah Rukh describes Ganguly as legend
- Sourav Ganguly may have to use bat without sponsor’s sticker
- Greg Chappell is ‘mad’, says Ganguly
- Ganguly most ‘googled’ among all IPL captains
- Ganguly does not rule himself out of next season of IPL
- Ganguly tips KKR to win IPL-V
- Former BJP President Bangaru Laxman convicted
- Ganguly comes ‘home’ as Pune take on KKR