On Wednesday morning, for the first time government school students arrived at their schools in buses of Chandigarh Transport Undertaking specially set aside for them.
On Wednesday morning, for the first time government school students arrived at their schools in buses of Chandigarh Transport Undertaking specially set aside for them. Wednesday was the first day of the CTU’s new bus service exclusively students of government schools. Initially, the CTU has put five low-floor JNNURM long route buses on the service. They operate out of Depot 4. CTU General Manager S.P. Parmar said that by Friday another 10 buses will start from Depots 2 and 3.
The timings of these buses have been advanced to make up for any delay in reaching the school. The earliest of these buses will run from 6.40 a.m. from ISBT-43 and will culminate at the PGI. From Depot 1 there will be five buses, the earliest of which will run at 7 a.m. from Harmilap Nagar and at 7.15 a.m. from the airport, Indira Colony, Ramdarbar and Kishangrah. They will all terminate at ISBT-17.
The timings have been set to ensure that students reach their schools well in time and they have not to push to get places in the buses.
- CTU mulls service for students in Chandigarh
- CTU steps toward student safety in Chandigarh
- Three class 8 students of govt school injured in Chandigarh
- Dispute over education of EWS students
- Smart School impressed visiting MPs in Chandigarh
- Students showcase scientific models at expo in Chandigarh
- Cold affects school timings in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh: Majority of students scored CGPA of 9
- CTU keeps buses running by taking credit
- Two PU students ends hunger strike in Chandigarh