“The state government has purchased power of 1,200 crore for improving the power scenario in the state… several innovative measures have been taken by the PDD department to cope up with the power crisis in rural belts,” Minister for Industries and Commerce Surjeet Singh Slathia said.
He was speaking at a function in Vijaypur belt of Samba district.Slathia said the government is providing power to the people in the state on huge subsidy and appealed to them to use power judiciously and cooperate with the department by getting their illegal connections regularised.
He asked the officers to make frequent visits in their areas to check power thefts and hooking which is a major cause of power pilferage.
Slathia said unprecedented development has been witnessed during the the last three and half years during the regime of coalition government.
He said better road connectivity, water and power supply, health, education are the top priority sectors of the government and will continue to receive the focused attention.
- CPI(M) asks J-K govt to improve power scenario in J&K
- JKNPP slams Omar govt for insufficient power, water supply
- Power supply to be affected in East Delhi tomorrow
- Punjab to get uninterrupted power supply in summer
- J&K to witness shortage of 500 MW of power supply
- Power supply hit in Punjab due to fog
- Voting over, power supply dips in Punjab
- UT’s Powermen threaten to cut off city’s power supply
- Uninterrupted power supply in Chandigarh by Jan end
- Haryana Power Utilities achieves new daily supply record