The JKDF activists courted arrest as part of their fill-the-jail stir to mount pressure on the state government to announce uemployment allowance for the youths.Holding JKDF flags and chanting anti-government slogans, the activists gathered at the Indira Chowk before courting arrest.
JKDF chairman Anil Gupta said they would continue their struggle for grant of unemployment allowance of Rs 2000 per month to youths.
- Amarnath yatris court arrest
- BKU activists blocked Delhi-Ambala NH-1 at Pipli
- Teachers demand permanent jobs, court arrest
- Amarnath yatra: Protest continues, pilgrims court arrest
- BJP activists stage protests across Punjab, Haryana
- Balbir Sidhu accuses govt of breaking word
- Punjab Poll 2012: Court stays arrest of Congress candidate from Kapurthala
- Court stays arrest of husband,in-laws of Dera Sacha Sauda chief’s daughter
- Suspected NSUI activists create ruckus at Team Anna fast venue
- Sri Ram Sene activists attack Anna supporters