Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala remanded Kanda to judicial custody till September 11 after the Delhi police said he was not required for further custodial interrogation. Kanda was produced before the court after expiry of three days of police custody which was extended on August 25 after seven days of custodial interrogation.
Kanda was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police, almost 13 days after former air hostess Geetika Sharma was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi. In her suicide note, Geetika had alleged that Kanda and one of the MDLR employees Aruna Chaddha were harassing her to rejoin the former minister’s firm after she left the job.
- Kanda remanded to 3 more days police custody in Geetika case
- Geetika case: police plea for Aruna’s custody rejected again
- Geetika suicide case: Kanda remains elusive
- Geetika case: Court rejects cops’ plea for Aruna’s custody
- Kanda remanded to 7-days police custody by court
- Geetika suicide case: Kanda moves Delhi HC for bail
- Geetika suicide case: Delhi HC reserves order on Kanda’s bail
- Police plea for Aruna’s custody rejected, Kanda may undergo brain mapping
- Delhi Police take Kanda’s kin into custody
- HC blast: Dev and Malik sent to judicial custody till Nov 8