It was the first visit by a film celebrity after the recent controversy following Dargah Diwan’s objection to film stars’ visits to the Dargah. A khadim (priest) of the Dargah, Qubuddin Sakhi, said that she offered prayer and tied a thread for the success of her upcoming film, which also stars Salman Khan. “She spent around ten minutes inside the dargah,” he added. Last month Dargah Diwan Zainul Abedin Ali Khan had objected to the visits of film stars and producers to the shrine to offer prayers for the success of their films.
“Dance and films are taboo in Islam and cinema in general today is promoting obscenity, which is a major reason behind the rapid degradation of moral values in the society hence visits by films starts/director/producers for “a kind of promotion of their work” at the religious place is highly intolerable,” Diwan had said.
- Ajmer Sharif dargah head objects to visits by film stars
- Rumours about Salman don’t bother me: Katrina Kaif
- Katrina Kaif world’s most searched celebrity in mobile video
- Looking forward to work with Katrina: Aamir Khan
- It is easy to fall in love with Katrina: Salman
- No success mantra, luck working wonders for me: Kareena
- Sarabjit’s sister prays at Dargah Sharif for his early release
- Titan Raga ropes in Katrina Kaif as brand ambassador
- For Vidya Balan, script is film’s hero
- Would not want Khans to work with anyone else: Katrina